First off, I said I would write an article about the Vanadium and Oil market, which I will next week, but right now I wanted to do some venting about the government shutdown. If you just heard the news, the government will be open for one more week, big deal, who cares; they are just going to continue this nonsense for next couple of weeks. My first comment is about the abortion issue that they were fighting about. First off, it doesn’t matter if you’re pro-choice, pro-life, or neutral, they should have eliminated funding for abortions, if you want an abortion, you should have to pay for it yourself, if you can’t afford it you don’t get it. If you can’t afford the abortion, than put the kid up for adoption.
Now people generally ask me, John you seem really excited about a government shutdown, can you tell me some negatives. Normally I would say no, but I was just thinking about the negatives and I have come up with a couple.
1. The government shutdown doesn’t prevent the Ben Bernanke and the Federal Reserve from printing money, because the Federal Reserve is a privately owned banking cartel. So that’s one negative.
2. It doesn’t shut Obama down, and stop him from enacting anymore insane policies, as well as the rest of the congress.
3. US soldiers will be in a grave danger, rather your for or against the wars, you shouldn’t want to see our soldiers harmed. Personally, I think we need to rebuild our country, and stop nation building abroad, but that’s just my opinion.
So there are some negatives. What this shutdown does show is Obama is a complete joke, he is continuing two wars, and has started another one (unconstitutionally), but has a hard time keeping the government open. For the mess we are in, I blame both parties, and the Federal Reserve, but when it comes to the government shutdown, if someone is going to get blamed, I am putting the shutdown blame, solely on the Democrats, and no one else and here is why.
1. They had a majority in the house and senate, and control of the white house, yet they were unable to pass a budget last year. What a joke, for two years they had super majorities, well until Senator Kennedy died, yet they were unable to come up with a budget for the year 2011. What a joke.
2. Obama said he was going to unite everyone in 08, yeah really united; he is the most divisive president I have ever seen. Obama is such a bad president he is the only president that could make George Bush, look like a fiscal conservative, and a man of peace.
If they can’t drastically cut spending, and shrink the size of government; I hope there is a shut down.
Also I hope people learn this from the shutdown.
1. That the government is too big, and the size and scope of this government cannot be sustained, and will not be sustained, and if Washington tries to keep the government this big, there will be a societal collapse, which will make 2008 look like a walk in the park.
2. Our government is stretched way to thin, and we can’t just cut spending, we need to shut down whole departments, and we can start with shutting down the department of Education, Homeland security, department of energy, housing and urban development, the TSA, the SEC, and the EPA. That would be a great start, will this happen, I highly doubt it.
In closing, if the government doesn’t shut down, and we continue on this path of reckless borrowing and spending, than the country will shut down, and instead of having a self imposed debt limit, we will soon have a foreign imposed debt limit by China and Japan, and that will be a much harder pill to swallow, than what we would have to swallow now, if we continue to keep the government open through reckless barrowing.
P.S. I am sorry I haven’t written in a while, I have been busy doing my taxes (blah). I hate taxes, and tax season.